Mobikoma was created by Designer Kamil Izrailov who has a brilliant mind for such a unique innovation.
Smartphone is cell phone, tablet is tablet, we don’t like those smartphones with huge touchscreen used by tablet, while Mobikoma, the modular concept smartphone gives us a gorgeous way to turn a smartphone into a tablet.
This handset is actually made out of small squares of pure technology, small little gadgets that are fastened to each other through micro locks.
Each module has its own power supply and computing processor making it a powerful individual.
However the purpose is to use them collectively as a phone and if you’re in the mood for it, a mini tablet.
There are two specific elements dedicated to the SIM storage with phone memory and microphone.
The maximum size of all these modules gathered together can be 1.5 x 2 m, which is huge, to be honest.
With 54 elements you create a tablet, while 2 elements make a very tiny cellphone (22mm x 44mm x6mm) and 18 elements make a decent smartphone.
- From two of these concept elements you can design mini cell phone sized 22mm x 44mm x 6mm.
- On the key elements there are programmed buttons.
- Other elements are without buttons.
- On the lateral surfaces in the middle of the fixing tape there are apertures.
- The locks of elements become apart after pushing by pin or similar subject in these apertures.
- You can design a new needed form from these elements.
- The touch screen needs thermal and kinetic operator energy for charging with the help of special adapter.
- This tablet has all kinds of wireless communication (wi-fi).
- Maximal size can be 1.5m x 2m.
- 54 elements – the tablet computer
- 2 elements – little cell phone
- 18 elements – cell phone – backside